Wednesday, June 12, 2013

36 & 37 Weeks Pregnant Update & Delivery Date!

It has been a busy fortnight - to say the least. Delivery plans are in place :) Here is my bump at 36 weeks pregnant... (I will add the 37 weeks pic in in the morning - why do I insist on taking them in my pj's before hair and makeup??)



Baby's Weight My bump may still be small but my baby weighed 6 lbs at 36 weeks. Right on target.

Scans I have had 2 since I last blogged. Last week the baby's eyes were open and staring for about a minute - reminded me a little of the alien at the end of the Star Gate movie if I'm honest :) Freaky! The second picture makes him/her look so real.


 
  
The pics from yesterdays scan weren't as good since baby's face was looking the other way. The doctor pointed out that they next time we see the baby he/she will be in our arms. 

Heartburn Oh. My. God. Agony! Why has the burn become a pain?!

Maternity Clothes During the hot weather I just wore some empire line dresses I had from last Summer. I haven't worn my maternity clothes this time so I decided to put them in the bad for the charity shop, keeping only a select few items.

Broodiness I think I'll take a break from baby growing for a while. Although I say that now but after I had the last two I couldn't wait to have more. As soon as Eve was born I was broody. I'm one of those women that equates giving birth to emotional crack. I'm pretty sure hubby has me on a four year ban after the stress of this pregnancy :) We'll see how it goes.

Cramps Starting at the back and moving to the front. Enough to take my breath away but nothing regular. Speaking of cramps, since the bump dropped I have been getting shooting pains that would make you scream from the muscle on my inner thigh. Sweet Jesus they make my eyes water.

The bump drop/ Internal Exams The bump dropped much lower 2 days ago and I got excited. Stupid. I saw my doctor yesterday and she did an internal exam. My cervix is closed and far back so nothing is happening yet. Today I was running around the shops trying to pick up the necessaries for my hospital bag (oh yes, last minute) and the pressure was so bad. I assume this is because this is my third and not because anything is happening - although I'm quietly hopeful.

Delivery scheduled I can't believe it but I'm having a baby on Monday!!! I have to go in at 7.30am. The doctor will check me to see if my cervix has opened at all. If it has she will break my waters and leave me for an hour only to see if pains start. If they don't they will do a very low dose of the drip but only for four hours. If the labour doesn't progress quickly by then then I have a c-section. The doctor booked it today and said it was likely nothing will happen with my cervix in that time. I get the feeling that even if I did get to try labour for a few hours that it will most likely end in a section anyway. That's mostly because my first delivery ended in a cesarean thanks to a failed induction rather than what happened to Olivia.

Sunny days in the park I spent most of the sunny days last week at the park with Eve. I feel closer to Oliva there and it's Eve's favourite place to be.We brought a picnic one day and Eve had her very first ice-cream cone - that I know of!

 

Food cravings I don't know if I can call this a craving but I really can't get enough of the Polkadot muffins from BB's. Anybody who follows me on Twitter may have seen me tweet this pic - same taste in cake as a 5 year old!
I'm also loving Tonic water with half a fresh lime squeezed in. I'm all about tarte, bitter, sharp tastes these days. Can I get an umbrella in my drink per favor!

Moving We are in the middle of planning a family move. A duplex isn't ideal with a toddler and newborn - too many stairs and no where to store a pram without dragging it upstairs. Eve is also most content outdoors - she has been this way since birth. I sense she might be a street urchin. While other kids get to play in the garden Eve gets sent to the balcony - not quite what we had in mind.

Parenting Books Baby Led Breastfeeding, Coping with Two, The Food Nanny, Toddler Taming... these are amongst the books I have read in the past few weeks. I know everything you reads in books goes out the window once the baby is born but I can't help but try to prepare. It's my nerd way of taking control over something I have zero control over.

I'm going to be a patent again in 5 days! Aaaaaaaaagh! I'm so excited :)) I can't stop packing and re-packing and making lists and ironing and getting everything ready. I think I'm supposed to be resting but what can ya do! I promise I will finish the breastfeeding post. I'm off to do that now.

How is everyone getting on with pregnancy, trying to conceive, parenting etc?

13 comments:

  1. Glad to see a post from you-I was wondering how things were going! It's strange how even though we don't know you in person, I (and I'm sure others too) think about you and how you're getting on. I was heartbroken for you after what happened with Olivia and literally sat crying in front of my laptop. I still cannot believe what an amazingly strong woman you are to be blogging this pregnancy. Wishing you and your little one all the luck in the world for Monday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear from you. I too have been thinking about you all week. You have come through a lot, far more than you should have, and now, at last, your baby has a birthday. All the very best on Monday. We will all be holding you in love and prayer even more on that day. Eve is an absolute delight. What a joyful little girl! She will make a wonderful big sister. Olivia will always be with you, but the empty arms of the last pregnancy will soon be filled with her new brother of sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best for a safe delivery for your beautiful bub. So glad to read that things have been going well for you this pregnancy. Will look forward to seeing some new bubby news next week.

    I've had a bit of bad luck this week with miscarriage number 4 at 9weeks; bummer; I have 2 beautiful boys (pregnancies both with pre eclampsia). Some of us just have a rough trot don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just waiting on my IUI appointment. Its not got the best end results but I can only hope :-)
    really excited for you. Good luck for monday cant wait to see a pic, I still feel its a boy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been following your blog the whole way through and I am so happy for you that you have made it this far! I cannot wait to hear some lovely news on Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday (or when you get a second!!) I have two beautiful bubs but can't help hankering after a third! So I feel your pain with convincing the hubbys! Good luck and I will be thinking of you on Monday x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you Amy. I hope that everything went smoothly and that you are all doing well. Very much looking forward to your next update (whenever you get the chance to).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    Duringweek by week pregnancy time health, fitness and nutrition are important to the development of your baby.Thank You for sharing it..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew this blog post was existed someplace. Thanks to post such articles. Will unquestionably be using it very soon. Discover Sharoonie

    ReplyDelete
  9. European pregnancy site My Tummy have a new collection out for summer which includes some beautiful maternity dresses and tops. They also design and create maternity trousers and lovely breastfeeding clothes. All the clothing is made with soft fabrics and pregnancy safe dyes, while lots of the tops and dresses double up for breastfeeding so you don't need to buy a whole new wardrobe once the little one comes!www.MyTummy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Issues getting pregnant does not only afflict individuals with known and also apparent infertility conditions. Even partners who appear healthy can find it a challenge to get pregnant.. However, before you press the panic button and believe that there exist a problem flawed with you and/or your spouse, here are some getting pregnant tips for you to bear in mind:
    1.Stop the usage of every types of contraception immediately. Eliminating all types of contraception is the first step to conception. Some lubricants contain spermicide that are destructive to sperms thus always look at the substances prior to making use of it.
    2.The girl should monitor her ovulation pattern.. There are particular periods in the month when a girl is far more fertile compared to others, and some sort of ovulation set will help her keep track of when these periods are. You could try to have sex no less than three times a week a few days before she starts ovulating, not after.

    ReplyDelete
  11. New Generation Baby Names - New Generation Baby Names


    Happy Birthday Wishes - Happy Birthday Wishes


    New Generation Baby Names Blog- New Generation Baby Names Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it
    Wedding Dresses Canada

    ReplyDelete